Translate

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Governor Palin Lowers the Bars


Post VP debate we are told that not screwing up spelled victory for Governor Palin. This year’s standard for vice-president: “Nope, she sure didn’t screw up tonight! How ‘bout that! She’s pretty smart, now, ain’t she?” The media, pundits and GOP are to blame for ramming the Palin “no screw ups” standard down the voters’ throats. Starting both candidates on a baseline of zero, Sarah Palin didn’t hit negative territory so she did a bang-up job. The good governor remained at baseline zero for 90 minutes.


Is Sarah’s folksiness a “bit much”? I think it is, gosh darn it. I mean gee whiz, Governor – people don’t always talk that way, do they? Is the governor just like us? You know – she just might be. I mean really – how many of us can rattle off what we read at the drop of a hat?


Oh … that many of us …


Do we really want the backup to the most powerful man in the world to be just like you and me? Don’t we want someone a little bit better – just a tad more qualified than you, me, Cousin Phil or Aunt Tillie? I don’t see you, me or, average soccer mom Sarah “Joe 6-Pack” Palin as the backup president of the United States. The country needs and deserves better than baseline zero.


No comments: